TRUE ADVENTURE REQUIRES AN UNCERTAIN OUTCOME

November 12, 2010

Bone Marrow Kicked in Gear

I just returned from Doc Q's office where I received my shot that puts the bone marrow in hyper drive to generate white blood cells....and will give me bone and muscle pain for the next 5-6 days. Nurse Mary also pumped a quart of saline solution into my blood stream through the IV to make sure I am plenty hydrated for the weekend.  She also check the chemo pump I am strapped to for the next 5 days to make sure the little bugger is dumping the drug into me per the plan.

So the "Dark Days" start tomorrow morning.  Actually, in spite of this session being predicted to be tougher than Cycle One, I am thinking that may not play out.  I went into Cycle One in much worse overall condition because of the recent three surgeries and the infection around the stomach tube already starting to flair up.  I am hoping for a little luck that would make this session no worse than the first. 

Ya Gotta Believe!!